Code of Ethics
We, the members of the Tulsa Apartment Association, recognizing our duty to the public and the intimate nature of the relationship between the apartment resident and the owner, or manager, and being aware of the vastly increasing role of the apartment industry in providing homes of the future, and in order to provide the multi-housing community with the maximum in quality and service upon the highest standards of honesty and integrity, do hereby bind ourselves with the adoption of this Code of Ethics, agreeing that, so long as we remain members of the Tulsa Apartment Association, and so long as nothing contained herein shall be unlawful, we shall:
1. Promote, employ and maintain a high standard of integrity and professional ethics among our members in the operation of our apartment communities as owners, managers and associate members doing business within the multi-housing industry by abiding without exception to all local, state and federal laws.
2. Maintain and operate our apartment communities in a fair and honorable manner, ever mindful of the existence and intent of the Tulsa Apartment Association; to recognize and comply with this organization’s bylaws and operational standard.
3. Refrain from attempting to obtain resident, through advertising or otherwise, by means of deceptive, misleading or fraudulent statements, misrepresentations, or the use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
4. Seek to provide better values, so that an even greater share of the public may enjoy the many benefits of apartment living, and to strive for improved quality of life for apartment home residents.
5. Strive to promote the education and professionalism of the membership and to promote the progress and dignity of the multi-housing industry in creating a better image of itself in order that the public may be better served.
6. Establish high ethical standards of conduct with multi-housing rental agencies, suppliers and others doing business with the multi-housing industry.
7. Endeavor to expose all schemes designed to mislead or defraud the multi-housing residing public and to aid in the exposure of those responsible for such practices.
8. Refrain from using or unlawfully reproducing the TAA logo and/or other copyrighted publications including lease documents in any manner without using the phrase “member of” above or in conjunction with the logo.
The powers to interpret, administer and enforce the provisions hereof shall be vested in the Ethics Committee composed of three owner members and two supplier members who shall be appointed annually by the Board of Directors of the Association, with the power of fining, suspension, or expulsion, after hearing of any member violating the same, or the spirit thereof. The Chairman of the Board of Directors will serve as moderator for this committee. All allegations of violations to the Ethics Code shall be submitted in writing to the Tulsa Apartment Association office (6855 South Canton Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74136) marked to the attention of the Ethics Committee. Upon receipt of a written allegation, the Ethics Committee will convene and investigate allegation and provide findings and resolution to the Board of Directors.
By paying annual membership dues, I/We am acknowledging that I/We have read, understand and agree to abide by the Ethics Code and Bylaws of the Tulsa Apartment Association.