Make Ready Technician for Immediate Start!
Job Title: Make Ready Technician
DIVISION: Property Management
Wiggin Properties, LLC is currently seeking a full-time Make Ready Technician for our Downtown Tulsa Apartment buildings. The candidate will be responsible for restoring vacant apartment units to market-ready status in a timely manner, as well as assisting in the day-to-day repairs and preventive maintenance of a mixed use residential / commercial building.
Wiggin Properties, LLC offers a competitive compensation package and benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid time off and more.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School education or equivalent; Trade School Preferred.
Experience: One year actual field experience.
Licenses/Certificates: Journeyman Mechanical or Trade License preferred.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Restoring vacant units to market ready status
- Walks all vacant units to determine make-ready needs. Coordinates efforts with Manager to make schedules and assignments. If major appliances or flooring need replacing, discusses with Manager before taking action.
- Inspects the condition of all interior units prior to starting repairs to include, but not limited to; walls, appliances, electrical, plumbing, windows/doors and filters.
- Perform repairs to unit, including patching holes/painting, cleaning entire unit as necessary.
- Diagnose problems and repairs for basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and dry wall
- Promptly communicate with Manager concerning all maintenance issues at the property
- Manage and maintain company equipment and tools
- Perform janitorial duties and light maintenance as needed
- Cleanup after the job
- Clock-in and out of various apps on handheld device to manage time
- Change heat/air filters
- Assist in grounds repairs
- Assist Building Engineer with maintenance requests as needed
- On-Call and Emergencies
- Other duties as directed and assigned
- General maintenance and safety experience strongly preferred
- General knowledge/experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning preferred
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required based upon specific property needs
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and tenants
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Lifting/Carrying: Must be able to lift or move objects up to 80 pounds.
Body Positions: Must be able to reach, stretch, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
Body Movements: Must be able to reach, stretch, bend, climb, and walk. Must be very flexible with body.
Hearing: Must be able to hear sounds such as rattles, buzzes, etc. to assess if equipment is running properly. Must be able to hear duties over a hand-held radio.
Vision: Must be able to visually access equipment such as time clocks, thermostats, gages, etc. Must be able to inspect property at a distance.
Mathematics: Must understand addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
Language: Must be able to communicate with management, tenants, vendors, and contractors.
This job description does not provide an all-encompassing list of duties, there may be a need to perform other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY