Lead Maintenance Tech- HVAC experience preferred
TMC Property Management is currently seeking a full-time, Lead maintenance technician to join our team. This position would require a ‘floating’ type schedule and require traveling to/working at multiple locations. TMC Property Management offers a competitive compensation package and benefits that include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid time off and Holiday pay.
The ideal candidate will ensure the readiness of units by providing quality work yet being cost efficient. You will be attending to the day-to-day maintenance issues within the property and will need to have experience in every field of basic maintenance including, but not limited to, the following: HVAC repair, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, appliance troubleshooting, etc. The Maintenance Technician should own a basic set of hand tools and will be required to be included in the on-call rotation. Part of your role will include work orders for the property it is assigned to and to complete them in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
*The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with posted position. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of the position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Every employee is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
In coordination with the Manager, the Maintenance employee is primarily responsible for ensuring that all vacant units are thoroughly restored to “market ready” status in a timely manner and to assist the Lead Maintenance in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. The employee will carry out assigned duties and service requests as requested.
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Inspects vacant apartments and completes checklist regarding make ready. Informs Lead Maintenance Technician and Community Manager of needed services and repairs.
- Diagnose and perform minor or routine maintenance or repairs, as directed
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems (basic knowledge)
- Appliance repair and troubleshooting
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios/balconies, railings
- Minor tile labor
- Minor roofing and guttering maintenance
- Interior/exterior lighting
- Light fixtures, hardware, and blinds
- Interior/exterior doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass door
- Replace and/or re-key door locks and mailbox locks
- Ceiling leaks and drywall/sheetrock repairs
- Light pool maintenance
- Lends assistance during trash out process of apartment
- Assists in keeping grounds clean at all times
- Reports supply needs to Manager and Lead Maintenance Technician
Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore apartment to “rent ready” status:
- Check all lights and replace or repair as necessary
- Replace or repair windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors closets.
- Checks appliances and informs Lead Maintenance if replacement is needed
- Changes locks and provides new keys
- Checks faucets, sinks plug and repair or replace as necessary; perform exterior repairs to sinks, bathtubs when required
- Repair or replace blinds, ceiling fans
- Change A/C filter
- Make regular inspections of the grounds checking for defects in any manner.
Emergency Maintenance (MANDATORY- rotating schedule)
- When designated for “on call” you are to respond to ALL after hours emergency calls.
- Keep accurate log of time spent on calls after hours with detailed list of repairs that were made.
- Follow all company procedures
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent
- One year of full-time Maintenance/Make Ready experience at an Apartment Community
- Reliable transportation
- Must own a basic set of tools
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Demonstrate good safety habits
- Boiler/Chiller experience preferred
- Apartment Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- HVAC: 1 year (Required)
- Apartment Make Ready: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pool Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
Please email resume to email@example.com.